Wednesday, October 1, 2008

9 Days

October is here! We have 9 days left until my mom and I leave for Kyrg. It seems like sooooo long ago that we started this "we passed court" countdown. The whole thing is just so surreal. I was telling Bill that I really want to get my feelings down on paper so that Aidai knows how much she was wanted but I am struggling to do that. Obviously it has nothing to do with how much we want her home, it has everything to do with not being able to put words to this bizarre process.

If I was comparing this "paper pregnancy" to a true pregnanacy I have decided that I would be in the stage in which women are often like "get this thing out of me" because they are so sick of being pregnant and dealing with everything pregnancy brings. They just want the baby to be there and preferably, right now. I think that is the best way to desribe how I feel. I'm soooo over this "pregnancy" and just want Aidai here.

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I know that you are having a hard time writing down exactly how you are feeling for Aidai, but really, you are writing more than many parents write before their baby comes...you have this blog!!! :) I am just an old friend who really doesn't "know" you as well as many do now, or as well as Aidai will soon, but I can see and hear the love from your words to everyone that reads this blog. You have something here that many mom's, dad's, parents etc. don't even think of doing when they are pregnant or going through all of the steps to bring a child into their family. These are your words, these are Bill's words, these words will be there forever for Aidai. You should definitely print them all out starting from day 1 so that when Aidai gets bigger she will be able to sit in her room and go through it all from start to finish and she will really really really know how much she means to you both and how happy and excited and nervous you were to bring her here.

You two are going to make absolutely wonderful parents to such a beautiful little girl.

Congrats and YAY for just 9 more days until she is YOURS!! :)

Hugs from Houston,
Casey

Betsy said...

Elizabeth,
I think you described it perfectly when you said you are just ready for the 'paper pregnancy' to be over. We share your sentiments!!!
We can't wait to hear that Aidai is with you both forever. What a blessing! Wishing you all the best as you near the end of your 'pregnancy'...
Betsy

Margaret and Tom said...

Elizabeth I am so excited for you, so close now...Can't wait to see those Gotcha pics!
Margaret

Elizabeth and Bill said...

Thanks for the comments guys! Bill and I read them religiously and it means soooo much that people are reading and take the time to respond. Old friends, new friends, web friends...awesome!