Friday, October 10, 2008

Nothin left to do but get on the plane!

Seriously folks, I'm ready to go! It is 2:15 here and in less than an hour Bill will be here to pick my mom and I up so that we can head to the van that will take us to Boston's Logan Airport. Our luggage consists of one large bag of shoes, one bag of everything for Aidai plus some of my clothes and donations. Then there is a big blue bag of all my mom's stuff and more shoe donations. Then another bag of a big mess of stuff plus my mom's rolling carryon bag, her small backback, my 20+ lb backpack carryon and the umbrella stroller. I would take a picture but we don't have it all in the same place and plus, the camera is packed! I'm hoping to get a picture at the van place, the airport or the hotel in Bishkek.

I have completely lost track of the number of pairs of shoes that I have packed for the oprhanage. Probably close to 100 and I only packed 3 pairs for myself which is pretty good considering my lineage (specifically my grandmother!).

I'm definitely not looking forward to the flight because I HATE flying but I am looking forward to being on our way!

I'll be posting again at some point on our layover in London. We will be there between 4:30 and 8:30am Saturday morning EST then we won't post again until after we have arrived, slept, and hooked up the internet in Bishkeke which will probably be around midight or later Saturday night/Sunday morning EST.

Thank you all for your love and support!
Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS FOR YOUR TRIP!!! :)

Best of luck in your travels and YAY for ya'll!!! :)

hugs from Houston,
Casey

smileysk8 said...

I am so excited for you! Try to get some sleep on the plane. Good luck! I can't wait to hear you have her in your arms again!

Mala said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Have a safe flight!!! AND KEEP BLOGGING so we can come along of the ride!!!

Kate said...

Safe travels!! I'll be thinking of you this weekend :) Kate

Lori said...

We're all very excited for you and praying for safe travels!!!