We just got back from a trip to Ala-Archa National Park in the mountains. Faithful readers will remember that Bill and I went there on trip one. I didn't take pictures this time but Jennifer did so at some point I bet they will be on Maria's Blog at some point.
Aidai slept the whole way there which was probably good because she doesn't like cows and there was a herd crossing the road and the cows barely move when the drivers honk so you literally miss them by inches.
I'll start off by saying that Aidai walked the whole way into the park and back out and only asked to be carried once and was easily distracted into walking that time.
Unfortunately she needed to go to the bathroom. So we stopped and tried to go in the bushes but she just wouldn't go and holding 40lbs in a squat so she doesn't go all over her pants is difficult. Well she just wouldn't go so we clothed her again and kept going.
So a bit further along she still needed to go so I kept telling her to hang on a minute that we were going to the toilet. So we finally made it to where the shelter and outhouses are and found the hole in the ground known as the toilet. It was DISGUSTING. There were flies and crap, literally, everywhere. Well we pulled off her pants and held her over the hole and she was crying and wouldn't go and my mom was rubbing my lower back cause it was seizing up from trying to hold her. So finally I put her down at the very front of the hole so that she could sit but wasn't near the utter nastiness and she went with no problem! My mom was handing be toilet paper and helping me get Aidai's clothes on and off. Go figure, Aidai just needed to be sitting. I was soooo happy to have conquered the outhouse! Atleast I am now prepared for port-a-potties in the US.
Anyone that comes here, it is well worth it to make a trip to the mountains. After a week in the city it was sooo nice to get out and I think Aidai had a good time. The mountains are gorgeous and the air is clean.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Trip to the mountains
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HAHAHA--I've had to do the squat thing with Julia too. It is a back killer!
It sounds like she is doing well. I'm so happy that she seems to be adjusting. I wish we had made a trip into the mountains. It just wasn't meant to be while we were there.
I'm extremely impressed with you guys all tackling that moutain with little ones. Simply amazing! Glad you were able to conquer the outhouse...I know it couldn't have been fun!!
That is such a great story!!! :) Just think there are going to be so many more stories and adventures throughout your life with her! :) Congrats on conquering the toilet situation! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Post a Comment