Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2 days to go!

So based on the subject of this post, one can probably guess the massively high frantic level of activity that is happening at our house.

You guessed wrong, there is no frantic activity because I'm procrastinating on everything. I have done really well getting everything set for my departure at work but I haven't done much for my actual trip!

Most of my clothes are chosen for the trip but I have yet to pack everything. I need to find a pair of boots to take, all of mine seem to have disappeared. I tried to sell a pair at the yard sale and they didn't sell so I could take them but I am pretty sure there is a reason I didn't want to wear them anymore, I just can't remember what that reason is. I'd hate to figure out, in Kyrgyzstan, that the reason was because they cause massive blisters...

My mom and I raided the pharmacy area of target and stocked up on meds to take on the trip. We also stocked up on Mr. Bubble cause I think bubbles will quickly cure any bath fears. We have children and adult versions of just about everything out there! One thing I couldn't find was motion sickness meds for kids. I think I'll just hope she doesn't take after me in that regard.

I've been TRYING to practice Russian but I haven't been doing as well as I hoped. I have the booklet for the CD Mala gave me and I will take that as a cheat sheet and add some pages to it with more things I want to remember.

We had the upstairs heater plumbing fixed today but in process everything in Aidai's room sorda got pulled apart so no cute photos of her room. Maybe after we get home...we don't even have her bedding washed and on the bed yet. I did take some pictures of her toys and closet so I can tell her that those are her clothes and toys and I have a picture of her bed from when we first set it up.

Bill is working on the pellet stove this weekend which is exciting. It'll be awesome to come home and have it all warm and cozy in here after spending 2 weeks in heatless hotels.

My mom is going to go get the clean money for me on Thursday and she is also going to pick up a few more items for the caregivers. We are going to give them some NH things and I am thinking maybe a picture of Aidai with us...unless that is too cheesy.

The dogs have been doing well. I'm VERY curious about how they are going to react when we come home. I don't know if I've ever mentioned our thoughts about Snickers (the Basset/Golden mix). She just loves to lick and kiss and always wants to find squirrels and cats to play with. We think that she wants a George. As in the Abominable Snowman's George from Looney Toones. The snowman wanted a bunny rabbit that he will "name George and hug him and love him and pet him and squeeze him". So we keep telling Snickers that her George, in little girl form, is coming home soon. Not so sure that Aidai will want to be Snicker's George....

Elizabeth

5 comments:

janiece said...

Alihan was totally petrified of the dogs. Screamed, carried on, totally fearful. He got over it! But it did take a while. Now he carries the cats around, tries to carry Loki around (the 65 lb. norwegian elkhound!) and calls Belle "his" dog. But for that first month, it drove me nuts with his carrying on.

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are in my thoughts all of the time! :) I am glad that everything is going well so far and that from what it sounds like, other than actually packing the stuff, you are getting everything done! :) I know you will make it all come together, so I am not worried! :)

I can't believe it's 2 days away though...YAY! :)

Hugs from Houston,
Casey

Hilary Marquis said...

I've decided that I'm gonna procrastinate on learning Russian. Because, I turned on a lesson on the computer last week and it drew the attention of Tyler...guess who can pronounce it waay better than I can? He can also remember it longer! Little stinker. I think I'll just let him learn it and I'll take him along as a translator and skip that fee in the future ;) Hope your boot shoppinng goes better than my clothing shopping has gone...did you know that jeans shrink in the closet over the summer?

Jes said...

2 days, so exciting!! I bet you can't wait to hold her, love her, squeeze her...

-jes

Lori said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! I bet you that Snickers will just love being Adai's George...and she will be thrilled with all the love that comes from furry friends!