Friday, October 3, 2008

The Last Friday

Today is the last Friday we will experience at home together without Aidai. That is awesome and terrifying at the same time. I can't believe how quickly everything has happened (although at times it seemed painfully slow). It has been less than 7 months since we first saw her picture and decided to adopt from Krygyzstan. Next week it will be 4 months since we saw her last. When I checked the Bishkek weather this morning the extended weather forecast went out until Thursday night. The last time I will sleep in America without Aidai. That really hit home! I wonder if she's counting down. I wonder if she knows that we are coming yet. Last time she knew but I don't know how much notice she had. I'm guessing maybe on Tuesday when 2 families have their Gotcha Day, the coordinator will tell the director that we are coming and at some point they will tell Aidai. Even if she does know she really has no concept of what is going to happen, how her life is going to be forever changed. As a 4 year old in an orphanage, can you really understand what a forever family will be like? I'm 26 and I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around all of the changes to come.

6 comments:

janiece said...

I know it hard for anyone. What a change she'll have--going from sleeping in a room with 15-20 other children to by herself, mommy and daddy attention instead of fighting for attention,her own hugs and kisses. It was rough at first, but Chewie is thriving. It's SO worth it all!!

Lori said...

She may not know what is coming, but as soon as she sees you again, she will know all is well!!

How excited we are for you!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! :)

hugs from Houston,
Casey

Hilary Marquis said...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when they tell her you're coming!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you that you are so close now! I will be stalking your blog until that sweet girl is home with you. I am so excited to see her in your arms again!!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I know we have never met but I wish you a safe trip.
I hope that in the coming months we will have an oportunity to meet. Billy has never met my family and I'd love to meet yours.

Troy