It is almost 5am here and Aidai is awake. She slept pretty well until needing the bathroom and we saw she had a nose bleed so the clean up process woke her up. She was really good, she just sat in my lap and let us clean her up. We barely left the hotel yesterday. I'd love to go out more but she doesn't like the stroller and gets tired of walking and wants me to carry her and she is too big to do that for long. We gave her a bath and there were tears, because I didn't get her in fast enough! She's repeating so much of what we are saying and is figuring things out so fast, how they work and all. Very smart and curious. We've barely pulled toys out. We play with the lights, ball, crayons and photos. She's on my lap as I type this, intrigued by the words appearing on the screen. We definitely need side guards for the bed. She rolls off the mattress quite a bit. Luckily we put it on the floor! We watched an Elmo DVD about dogs and she was into that, maybe we'll watch another one today.
I was told not to call the embassy about the shoes. Our translator wants to helo but they have changed from me showing up with my passport to her getting the letter I have, translating it, notarizing the translation, going to the minitster of social affairs, etc etc. I am struggling with trying to come to peace with the fact that the kids will probably never get those shoes and there is nothing I can do about it. It breaks my heart that people so willing to do good would be turned away.
Speaking of shoes, Aidai is obsessed with shoes. She's goiong to freak when she sees her closet! She tries to make me put on shoes all the time.
Oh and I forgot to say that I told Tatiana and Ludmilla hello from all of you that asked me to pass along the greeetings!
I'll try to take more photos today!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think your days of sleeping are gone, at least for a while! :) So happy to hear everything seems to be going so well for you and her. :)
I am so sorry about the shoes. That really sucks. I don't understand why they would turn those away. :(
hugs from Houston,
Casey
It sounds like she is a smart cookie for sure, she is just amazing picking up on all this new stuff so fast :) So excited for you! Thanks for passing our hello's on...I hope you get those shoes, but it is not worth ruffling too many feathers...
Post a Comment