Well for those of you who aren't counting, my countdown calender is telling me 5 days!! I'm not down to hours yet, but I will be soon! There has been some Internet issues in Kyrgy, so I'm guessing that's why there's no new post from Elizabeth, thankfully we were able to talk yesterday morning and this morning. On Friday night Joshua not only got to hear his sister's voice for the first time, he also got very impressed by Elizabeth's Russian. Mine, however, isn't quite there, and I'm guessing I'll be counting on some quick refreshers/lessons from my 3 ladies. They are doing well, missing the USA, and us, but they get to change countries tomorrow, and will be on their final leg there! I just want them home!
A quick update here, I'm multi-tasking, well, actually right now I'm procrastinating, which I guess is a single task, which is working for me right now.....As I sit here, I'm warm and toasty, why you may ask, because the piece of hardware, which has been the bane of my existence, is running at full bore! Yes, that's right, the pellet stove is working, and quite well I might add. Not that I'm bragging, but I will say, for the record, I've got a pretty good size hopper, not that the size of one's hopper matters, I'm just saying. I just thank all that is good and right in this world that it's finally done!!! Along with that I'm doing laundry, Aidai's bedding is all clean and fluffed and ready to go onto her bed. I'm assembling, the car seats, one of which I'll get right into Ellen's car and one I'll prep for the van ride to/from Boston. I keep telling myself that this isn't rocket science, after all I've done this all before, 14 years ago, but alas, even car seat's have some how become rocket science.....good luck Kevin.....but we have the crazy one's that will take her from infant hood into her late 40's....I've just got to figure out how to get them to wrap around a cute little 4 year old weighing roughly 40 lbs and with in the height of either 24"-36" or 36"-47.4856"....right now I'm glad I took a couple of semesters of Calculus at UVM. Never say that an education isn't worth the effort. Elizabeth has asked me to take care of the living room, really just get rid of the empty boxes.....sounds like a little task, but two of the boxes I'm getting rid of are full of empty toddler shoe boxes that all need to be broken down so they're flat....there's still a little bit of house cleaning and "baby-proofing" to go on, but I still have 5 days...right???? Of course I've got 40 or so of those hours spoken for, plus I'm teaching 2 nights this week, my nerves are a little frayed, we have 3 dogs, and the Red Sox are playing, at least tonight, hopefully more......so as far as my "honey-do" list goes, I'm guessing I've got just a couple of hours....no problem, I'll sleep when she grows out of these car seats.....All that being said, so much for my procrastinations, time to knuckle down and get Aidai's home ready!
I know we've got some newbie's here, welcome aboard, and thanks for taking the time, the rides almost over, but it's a pretty interesting read if you ask me, take the time to read backwards, we're a lucky family. As for the long-timers.....about 123.5 hours....but who's counting... =)
Thanks again!
Bill
P.S.----I love you Baby!!!
P.P.S.---Josh L. is now a journeyman electrician!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Hi Everyone, it's Bill again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bill I love your post.... I have been a kind of long timer but silent one... 120 hours from now the girls will be home!!!! I have loved watching their journey and can not wait to watch Aidai's homecoming!!!
Bill, YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I just wanted you to know that! :)
YAY for only 5 days left until you are one big happy family in the US! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Bill... I'm so happy to be able to follow along with you guys on this journey... I'm still crying from watching the video!
Best of luck on all your chores! Sounds like you're doing great!
Elizabeth... I can't for you guys to be back here safe and I can't wait to meet you Aidai!!!
Post a Comment