Our translator spent half her day at the Ministry of Social Affairs but they won't help get the bag in. They want an invoice and don't seem to understand the whole donation concept. Now BMI is supposed to send it home on Sunday's flight but I won't be surprised if customs suddenly says no. Please pray that they get back to my house safe and sound so that I can ship them or donate them to a worthy cause in America.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So frustrating! How hard of a concept is it?!
That's very disappointing, after all your efforts.
Hi Elizabeth,
I'm so sorry to hear about the shoe situation. I'm bringing two suitcases full of those Zutano clothes over there next month, and don't have a letter of any kind. I'm thinking I should get one, have it translated and notarized here before leaving. Who is your letter from? The shoe manufacturer? Your agency? I just want to know who to ask to write my letter. If you have a moment, could you email me at flyingfish347@yahoo.com?
Thanks a ton,
Suzanne B (in CA)
Ahh, I hope that if they cannot let you bring them there that they will at least ship them back home. That is not right, what are they going to do with them if they don't do either??? Will they just toss them? Why would you do that when they are prefectly good/brand new shoes? That is just strange to me. Good luck! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Post a Comment