Another uneventful day in Bishkek!
The 4 of us went over to the Metro to eat today. We had an early lunch because we had to be back at the hotel by 1pm. As usual we girls had a great time and laughed so much I think we scared away a table of male patrons nearby! We may to start writing down some of the funny quotes from the trip, I think we'll be able to fill quite a few pages.
After lunch we stopped by the Beta and did more souvenir and grocery shopping. I picked up a few items for another Kyrg adoptive family and got some more bottled water and bought milk. Big time adventures!
Just after we all returned to the hotel our coordinator, Ludmilla and our translator, Aliya came by. We gave them the paperwork they needed, paid our remaining fees (less than we thought) and found out details about our schedule over the next week. Orphanage tomorrow, embassy in Bishkek on Friday then head to Almaty on Monday.
Tomorrow is Gotcha Day! I can't believe it is finally here. We will get to the orphanage at around midnight EST the 13th/14th. On the way we will stop for cakes for the celebration and also to exchange our large soms into smaller bills for the gifts for the orphanage staff. Then we go to the orphanage and sign some papers, have a party and head out with the kids! I'm not sure what time we will get back to the hotel, probably around 3-4am EST.
It is all just sooooo surreal that it is here. I'm excited for my mom to meet Aidai and to finally get to see her again. They've told her that we are coming but I know she has absolutely no concept of what she is in for! Based on how she acted before I think she'll be very curious about everything and eager to learn. I can't wait to see her reaction to the Beta store! I'll be so glad once we get her and she settles in a bit. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to toddler proof a hotel room that has no locking cabinets or many high shelves... I think it'll probably all be okay but I am trying to plan for multiple scenarios. Of course I can't prepare for everything, it'll be an adventure to see what gets thrown at us.
So keep watching cause as of tomorrow, these posts are probably going to get ALOT more interesting.
Elizabeth
Monday, October 13, 2008
Trip 2 - Day 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I can hardly wait!!!!
I'll be interested if you actually see this party. I don't know how anyone who has. But I have to say, on my Gotcha Day I didn't care about any party, I just wanted my boy - what could beat that?!
Get plenty of rest tonight!!
Oh I can't wait! I just want to jump through the computer and be there with you. Please tell Ludymila and Aliya hello!
I am soooo excited for you!!!!!!
Elizabeth,
I am sooo super psyched for you guys!!! :) Get some rest tonight, tomorrow will be filled with every emotion possible!!! And tonight may be the last night to really get REST (or as much as you can the night before GOTCHA DAY), because today is the last day before you are a MOM! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Hi Elizabeth!
I hoped to talk to you before you left but time escaped me and before I knew it it was super late Friday night! I'm very glad to hear that you had made it there safely and I will keep my fingers crossed that you get your luggage and stroller!
Tomorrow will be the best day of you and Bill's life! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and will look forward to reading more about your trip!
Take care and be safe!
Michelle McCarty-your CT friend!
Soooo exciting!
Post a Comment