We have shoes!!!! On trip one we were asked by Tatiana, the orphanage director, to bring back shoes for the kids. I contacted Stride Rite who have been making great shoes for years. I'll admit, I've never bought anything at a Stride Rite store because I don't have a kid but when Aidai gets home I bet she will have to wear their shoes because her feet need the help. Stride Rite normally donates to one big organization but they decided to go ahead and send me some shoes. My contact asked what we needed and I said I didn't care if they were ugly, seconds, discontinued whatever as long as they would help the kids foot health.
Imagine my suprise when she wrote back that she had just sent me 50 pairs of sample shoes! I know what clothing samples are but wasn't sure how shoe makers make and use samples. When I received the boxes and opened them there were 50 pairs boxed with the tissue wrapping and everything, just like in the store. I can't get all the boxes over to Kyrg so we are going to take all the shoes out and space bag them and pray that they will fit in two big suitcases.
Friday, September 19, 2008
We've got shoes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
That is awesome!!! We took some shoes on trip 1 a few weeks ago and they are so appreciated. And you just gave me a reason to buy Stride Rite shoes for my kids, I love their stuff!!!
Karla
OH my gosh, that is so wonderful! Tatiana and the kids will be so happy! Thank you Elizabeth for taking these to those kids:)
I said it over the phone, but again, "HOLY COW!!!" Tatiana is going to be blown away when you hand her those :) I can't wait for October.
That is so great! The kiddos there will asolutely love them! I hope you take pictures of them opening them.
Amazing!! Such a generous donation!
Those are so cool!!! I saw your post on the Kyrg list - what an awesome idea, and what a great company!
Congratulations on being so close...
rachel
OMG, HOW GREAT IS THAT?!?!?! That is awesome!!! :) I will keep that in mind when buying shoes for kids that I know in the future!!! :) THAT IS JUST AWESOME!!! I bet they will be so happy to get them! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Elizabeth that is GREAT!!! How wondeful for Stride Rite to do this! Nice work, I know it will be greatly appreciated in Tokmok.
that's great!
That is so great the kids will love them. I would have not been able to ask for that but you did & that rocks. It is getting so close to time to go back & get her. Have fun & be safe.
WOW!!! That is so awesome they donated those shoes! How wonderful for the kids at Tokmok to get such nice shoes that will last!
That is so exciting!!! Yay for Stride Rite!
All I can say is WOW!! I am so sure that will bring one big smile to Tatiana's face. And so wonderful for the kiddos, too.
Great job! Jackie
You go, girl! I just emailed Stride Rite myself and told them that even though I would have bought their shoes when able just because I know they are great shoes, I am SOO much more inclined to now, knowing how generous they were!!
Soon, soon, soon!!!! Yipppeee for you!!
Post a Comment