We are slowly making progress! I am hoping my Kaz visas come back approved the end of this week or early next week. They received them on Friday. We still have a few more things to notarize but overall I've made paperwork progress. I packed Aidai's things in my suitcase. The toys and pullups alone take up 1/3. I'll space bag her clothes and mine and hopefully they will fit.
I am working on purchasing the gifts I need for Kyrg. I thought I needed about 6 but some people have been told 12 so now I am really scrambling. I am going to try to get nice things for people. I was able to obtain some Lindt chocolate today. Money and luggage space/weight are very tight so I'm just not sure what I am going to do! My mom is heading out of town tomorrow and she is going to look around for me.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
17 Days Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Find some local culture type stuff. We brought Wisconsin t-shirts, an Russian/English medical dictionary that was really appreciated, earrings (craft fairs are awesome), and I found this incredible coffee table/picture book of Madison. I don't think I spent $30 for each one--it varied. I would say the range was $5-30. The only one who really knows the amount is you. Just make it nice (like the earrings--perfect, fairly inexpensive and easy to pack lots!)
I know we didn't spend that much on gifts, and we didn't get that many. I remember that the coordinator in country mentioned to me that it would be culturally appropriate to give them 200 coms instead, but the small gifts were certainly better. Good luck. We will certainly be watching for updates and praying for you both.
I am so proud of you! :) You are staying so organized (or at least the blog makes me think so) and you are getting this all done. :) GOOD JOB! :)
I am so excited for you guys!!! :) I will keep you in my prayers and I tell EVERYONE about you, so there are many more praying too! :)
hugs from Houston,
Casey
Post a Comment