It is 2 AM eastern time on Wednesday September 10th. Today marks the end of the 30-day after court wait. I have no clue why I am awake considering I am so tired. I think it is because I am very very axious about what the morning may bring. I just want to know that she is MINE. I won't feel totally comfortable until she is home but I atleast want to know that the judge signed off. I am slightly terrified that he will have gone on vacation, again, or that there will be some other problem. I haven't sent away for the Kaz visas and haven't paid for the tickets because we want to make sure our dates are pretty secure. They can always change but after the sign-off I will feel much better.
I'm not sure if they sign on the 30 days or just sometime there after. It is already noon on Wednesday over there. It would be interesting if he signed on Thursday. You see, Thursday is 9/11 and 7 years ago I was working in Soho and living in Brooklyn. Needless to say, it was a day that changed my life. What a change my life has taken since then. In 7 years I have changed jobs 4 times, graduated college, gotten married, bought a house, become a stepmom, moved to a new state and had a whole bunch of other firsts. In a way it would make it hard to have this new positive memory on a day of so much pain but in another way it would add something exciting to a day I don't look forward to.
As I asked Maria today, Will I finally believe she is actually coming home when she is here?
Elizabeth
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I just want to call her MINE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
When you leave the embassy in Kaz you'll believe it :) That is when I breathed the huge sigh of relief when Tim emailed me to say that all the tests came back fine and they were headed home!
Congrats on your 30 day wait being over! I hope you hear confirming news soon.
Can't wait to hear she's officially yours! God bless!
~Holl <><
Girl, right after that car ride from the orphanage, you are going to KNOW she's coming home!!
I can't wait to hear that the papers have been signed and you are just that much closer to having her home! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Post a Comment