Monday, September 29, 2008

The Count Down Continues..from Bill

Here I sit in the very early hours of Monday Sept. 29th, next week Elizabeth and Ellen get to fly over and finally get to see Aidai again, and, Thank God, bring her home. It seems like we've been dealing with nothing but hoping time would pass for months now, and here we finally are, only days away. For those of you who have been keeping up to date with the drama which is our lives, you all know we've been doing a lot more than sitting around and watching the second hand click by ever so slowly. Elizabeth has been very gracious in mentioning the few things that I've been doing, but the reality is Elizabeth has been a work horse, and Ellen's got her hours in as well. Mostly I've been they guy who faithfully waits for my orders, and get to do the little things that help the bigger things get done easier. Elizabeth's steering this ship, and she's been a hell of a captain. I miss my daughter, and will be very glad to have her home. The process already has changed my life so much, and I can't wait to see how it's going to continue to change. I know all of the joys of parenthood, and I'm glad that my wife will soon know them as well, and I feel so privileged to be able to share that with her. There's so much emotion and anticipation surrounding us right now, not being that much of a word smith makes it a little hard to explain to my friends and family exactly how I'm feeling, just understand that I'm quite fine, very excellent in fact! I don't always feel like talking about it, however, and I hope that just 'cause I'm not too chatty, doesn't mean I'm not well. I'm just pretty focused on things right now. Once again, thank you all for your support!

Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two together are going to make a great team (TEAM MOM & DAD)! :) I am so happy for you both! :)

hugs from Houston,
Casey