Sunday, September 28, 2008

A few more things done

I like to post when things get done, it makes me feel that we are actually accomplishing things!

Bill has been working very hard on building the hearth for the pellet stove. His knees and back are sore but he's just about done and it looks great. Next is installing it.

We went to Sam's today and bought food to have around the house for her. That is a pretty exciting step!

The other day I packed all her clothes with space bags and put them in with her toys and pullups and such. The bag doesn't have much room left for me but I think I'll be able to steal some space in my mom's bag and one of the donation bags.

BA said they won't charge me for the collapsible stroller so that is good news! I didn't want to pay an extra baggage fee for a $20 umbrella stroller. I also found out that I can carryon bring on an additional 51lb bag on top of my "personal item". I don't know if I want to deal with one but I might so that I can put an extra change of clothes and other stuff in there and not have to haul everything on my back in the backpack.

Bill is going to get more paperwork notarized this week. I made copies of our passports and visas to take and also to leave here in case anything happens.

KTA is mailing us a letter to tell the airline we are brining humanitarian aid just in case I go a pound or two over or they try to charge for the stroller or anything. They are also getting us a letter that we can give to HR so we can get Aidai on the insurance.

12 days to go!
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Mala said...

Good idea about the stroller. I looked every where for a stroller in KG and they were very expensive! No $20 strollers over there!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB! :) Keep up the great work! :)

Hugs from Houston,
Casey