Saturday, May 24, 2008

We made it to London!

Well, Bill and I completed our first trip across the Atlantic together. Our flight was uneventful except for the guy who got an earful because he kept kicking Bill's seat. The seats were better than I thought they would be. We didn't sleep much, not sure why. We were both tired but wired at the same time. We got here, had lunch, and now we are just waiting for our next flight. We met up with Maria, Kevin and Josh so we are all together and excited to move on to the next leg of the journey. There was no seat map so it will be interesting to see what the seat layout is like and where we are. Hopefully there won't be many people going to Kyrgyzstan! I would post pictures but that would mean dragging out the camera and the cords which is just too much trouble because our carryons are packed very very tightly. We'll definitely post pictures once we get to Kyrg and get settled. You may not be hearing from us until later in the day Sunday because we arrive mid-afternoon Eastern time but it will be 3:15 am for us. So we will probably go to the hotel and sleep and by the time we update, it will be late at night Eastern time. So everyone, just track our flights and you will know all is well! One note from today, Heathrow is a mess. We had to take 2 busses and go up and down all sorts of escalators and security again just to switch terminals. I'm sure that it very familiar for all you world travelers.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

smileysk8 said...

Congrats on making it to London! I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. Try to get some sleep on the plane ride to Kyrgyzstan! God bless!