Sunday, May 25, 2008

Greetings From Bishkek

Hi all,

Well after a very long journey, we made it to Bishkek! We took off late from London and it took awhile to get visas but I think we were at the hotel by around 5am local time. We slept for a bit, had some breakfast and now we are going to unpack and shower! Bill went to the store around the corner to get some snacks, bottled water, and maybe even some Diet Pepsi for me, oh that would be sweet. The flight from London to Bishkek was long and not as nice as the first leg. It was BMI airlines and they don't have the nifty headrest TV screens with all sorts of shows. They had a movie playing, actually a few since the flight was so long, but the headsets they give you don't really fit into the plugs so it was very hard to hear. I decided it was a good thing we hadn't slept on the fitst flight because we were both able to sleep on the second one. I must say, the food on both was suprisingly yummy!

I'll post pictures in the next few days. We took some video but I think only one picture of the Almaty airport from the plane.

Tomorrow we head to Tokmok. We need to go through all of our items and find something good to take for the kids tomorrow. I think we have crayons and coloring books, maybe those would make a good first day icebreaker....

We are both excited and vervous about tomorrow. We really don't know how it is all going to happen, as far as the process. All we know is that the interpreter and coordinator will be in the Silk Road lobby at 9am!

Norm and Gundy - Bill's ears were fine the whole trip

Josh - We are thinking about you, every pitch you throw, every play you make and every at bat. Tomorrow we meet your sister!

Elizabeth

No comments: