I just looked at our travel buddy's blog, aaaaah only 5 days left! We have made major progress though so that is good.
I am going to start referring to our daughter as "A" since I can't share more details.
We are traveling with another couple and their son, we will meet up with them in London. Bill and I leave Boston at 9:30pm on Friday the 23rd. We arrive in London at 8:45am on Saturday and then fly to Bishkek at 1:30pm and arrive in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan on Sunday morning at 3:15am (all times are local to their respective location). It's something like 17 hours of flying time, ugh. We leave Kyrgyzstan at 6:45am on June 8th and arrive home at 6:25pm the same day. We are getting a transport service to take us both ways so no driving, wahooo!
So we have flights and we have lodging. We have tons of donations and items to take to missionaries that are working there and to the orphanage and baby hospital. Today we went shopping for clothes because we have to dress nice for the orphanage and overall just more conservatively than usual.
We still need to get all the medical items we need and some things to take for "A". We want to bring her a special outfit but we are having a hard time figuring out what size she is. According to measurements from July, she was just about a 2T so we are thinking that maybe she is a 3T now. We bought a stuffed animal for her today. I really really hope they give us her referral!
We might have dog boarding worked out, we will know for sure tomorrow which is good cause it is totally stressing me out.
Bill's previous wife, Kim, gave us suitcases to take for all the donations and we can just leave the bags there which is great. She's also knitting a blanket for "A". Some folks at Bill's office are gathering up donations which was really sweet! Everyone has been sooo helpful and offering help in any way they can.
Work has bene great so far with all of this. I need to go talk to my interim boss on Monday. My beloved boss, who has been a real source of support, resigned last week =(
So I guess what we have left is buying more items, getting the money together that we have to take, packing, getting our jobs in order, paying bills that will come due while we are gone, oh I'm not listing the rest, it makes my head hurt!
Stay tuned!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
The Countdown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So exciting! Thx to opening your blog to all of us. email me and I'll send you an invite to our blog.
Best wishes!!!
Thanks for opening up your blog! I can't wait to follow along. Reading about other people's experiences is so encouraging. We'll be praying for your journey!
Post a Comment