Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Still moving along!

We are still making progress towards our trip to Kyrgyzstan. I'm not sure exaclt what, if anything, I accomplished today! I had alot of meetings for work and did some orphanage donation shopping on the way home.

A big shout out to Keene State CDC and HR departments! They found out we were traveling and have started buying much needed items to treat common medical issues in Kyrgyzstan. We gave them a list and they ran with it!

The anxiety has definitely set in for both of us. We are wicked excited but very nervous. I just want to get on the plane because then I know we will actually get there to see her. Before that, plans could change. Those of you that know me well have just realized I must be a wreck if I am actually looking forward to getting on a plane.

We watched the video we have of our little one. She's so adorable. I hope I can pick her out of the crowd when we get there. I'm not sure how the whole meeting thing is going to go down. With babies you just go in and pick them up but she's older so it'll be interesting to see what she does.

For those of you following the house saga since January, it will finally be over on Thursday!

We have a few tasks remaining for the adoption: get "clean money" to take overseas, finish packing, get all emergency contact info to family members and to our agency, finish tying up loose ends at work, purchase any last minute needs. This list is MUCH shorter than last Wednesday, it is amazing what motivated people can accomplish in a week!

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting us through this. We have been absolutely blown away by the amount of support we have received from our friends, family, and even strangers who have become aware of the adoption. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't share how great they think this all is and that means more than ya'll will ever know.

Elizabeth

No comments: