Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3rd Post of the day!

I am so on a roll! Actually, just have time to kill. Doing nothing results in immediate exhaustion setting in so we try to stay busy. We really aren't tired but it's so hard to not sleep a lot when you have nothing pressing to handle after 1pm.


So just another update, this one is basically pictures of our hotel room. I thought people might be curious, especially those who haven't traveled yet. We are at Silk Road Lodge in Bishkek, in a suite because it is all they had! Definitely worth the extra $$ cause the other rooms are tiny for a 2 week stay with all after dark hours spent inside.


We've met some Americans here, at the supermarket just about everyday. They have helped us find things and I think all of us are happy to find other English speaking folks around. Some people do speak a little English here and there but we haven't found many people with English as their first language. We've been buying things and bringing them to our hotel to save money. We have a fridge and a coffee pot type thing that boils water. We found Ramen type noodles which are yummy. We also have been eating ham sandwiches, PB & J, and tuna as well. We ventured into the bakery at the market and found all sorts of good pastries and breads.


We also picked up souvenirs. I got a pair of nifty Kyrg slippers, Bill got a hat. We also grabbed a couple of books, keychains and a flag.


Now onto the pictures!
















Blog/Skype Madness Area

Living area

"Kitchen"

Bathroom

Bedroom

Bedroom looking towards living room

A peek at some of the medicines we brought

Front view of Bill's hat

Top view of Bill's hat

My Kyrg slippers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're getting settled... Love the hat & slippers!

I'm still crying from the last paragraph of your last post...

You're going to be such wonderful parents... I don't know who's luckier you or her :) I'm so happy for all of you.

Though I miss our daily chats... I love getting caught up on your blog!