Well I covered the most important information, meeting A, but I thought I'd say a bit about where we are. Below is a video someone made about Kyrgyzstan. We are staying in Bishkek, the capital. It's much more modern and larger than I thought. I was concerned about what the conditions would be like but so far they are great. There is shopping and food within walking distance. We've found a few places with English menus and heard about a Turkish place that is supposed to serve great meet. We went to the grocery store and found all sorts of things we could eat. We have PB and J as well as ham for sandwiches. We also bought oranges, chocolate, beer, pasta, mashed potatoes, and water. We had fresh strawberries, bought off the side of the road. They were yummy, cheap, and didn't make us sick! I know Aunt Nancy, we were only supposed to eat things that could be peeled but they just looked too good. We washed them in bottled water first =) The standard of living is definitely different here. There are cows and goats and horses just wandering. The houses don't have indoor plumbing. It reminds me alot of Costa Rica, even the driving is similar. I really have been suprised by how clean everything is and again, how modern. I know in areas outside of Bishkek it isn't the same, there are people here on missions helping people who live in extreme poverty. We hope to become involved in some of those projects because, so far, we haven't seen that side of Kyrgyzstan.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Bishkek Kyrgyzstan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment