Sunday, May 25, 2008

Electrical Issues

Well, tomorrow is the big day but we may not be able to post about it or use Skype to call anyone. Our plug converter just blew up! Not kidding. There was this burning smell and we thought maybe it was the AC that had just been turned on, like maybe something got in it like dust and it just smelled a little funky. Nope, a few seconds later the whole $25 Samsonite converter blew up. The transformer overheated, says Bill, he would know being an electrician. He's unscrewing the melted case with a utensil as we speak cause he wants to see the insides. He says this shouldn't have happened and he's going to be getting in touch with Samsonite!

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day. We'll post when we can, we have to go buy a converter, somewhere....

We do have extra video and still camera batteries so we are all set there.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

petewho? said...

Thinking about guys as we go visit our friends and their adopted daughter today, same day you arrive. Bill get me your skype name and we'll hook up, if I have cells from the site, I'll connect you to the boys (I even have a camera!). Best of Luck to you guys. Leslie

Maria said...

We have an extra that the hotel was loaned us. JUST as I was typing this, Kevin plugged in the battery charger and POP (LOUD NOISE). We aren't sure what happened. I was going to tell you that you could borrow it. Now, I'm not sure. See you in the a.m.