Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Update

Hi all,

Well this is the second post of the day. I wanted to tell you about all the exciting little things we do and see together because the past couple of days I have been focused on other things and haven't shared all the good tidbits!

The orphanage had a celebration of Children's Protection Day today. I guess it is a holiday in honor of children. The kids put on performances and watched a puppet show and danced. We took bananas which everyone seemed to enjoy, Aidai included of course. The only thing we understood was the chicken dance! Aidai didn't follow along too well but the other kids were all a few years older and she was distracted by us being there. Plus, I'm beginning to think her vision is really limiting her. Sometimes when we get to far away I don't think she can see us very well or maybe she is seeing double because of the crossed eye. We'll get it looked at once we get her home because I really think that will help with her learning and walking.

We found a playground and pretended to drive a car with the plastic steering wheel there. I'll have to take pictures of the playground, it is really spiffy! Aidai and I ventured up onto the structure but she realized at one point how high she was and got scared so we retreated down a couple steps and she was fine. I wonder if she's ever been up that high before, all the playthings at the orphanage are shorter. Our goal is to get her down the slide before we go home!

We passed some trash today, yes I said passed. She looked at it and we said "nyet" (no) and she just kept going. Not one piece of trash was touched all day! I think that is cool because she quickly learned to listen to us and that she doesn't need to grab everything she sees and claim it.

Another thing we discovered, yesterday actually, is that our litttle princess can spit like a professional baseball player. I have no idea who taught her but we were shocked. She thinks it is hilarious so we are going to have to work on that piece of her manners!

Elizabeth

No comments: