Went shopping again today, bought all the medical items we need as well as a backpack to serve as a carryon. We are able to take a fair amount of items for the orphanage because we can each take 2 suticases weighing up to 70 pounds each. We got space saver bags, the kind you vacuum the air out of, which has made it possible to pack tons of stuff. We bought puzzle books for ourselves for the plane, as well as cards and we will go to the used book store tomorrow for reading materials. For the kids we got water colors, coloring books, crayons, board books and foam puzzles. Bought a video camera today which was wicked cool! I'm so excited to be able to videotape our trip.
The most important success for today was finding a wonderful place to baord our dogs. They don't keep them in separate cages so they just hangout with the other dogs in play yards and inside on comfy couches and blankets and such. The owner is great as is her staff. We took the dogs there to see how they would do with the other dogs and they were wonderful! Such a weight off our shoulders, we don't have to worry about them!
The emotions are starting to set in. We are both very excited to be going and meeting our daughter but nervous as well. She isn't a baby, she's 3 1/2, so we are nervous as to how she will react to us. We aren't sure if she is going to know we are coming for her or not. We have lots of things to take for all the kids so it shouldn't be too much pressure on her. I don't know, it is all just so unknown! Bill is trying to figure out how he isn't going to break down the minute he sees her. I on the other hand have no clue how I am going to react. It is just so far from anything I can prepare myself for that I'm clueless as to how I will respond. I'm thinking I'll have no problem holding it together but I may be totally wrong.
More tomorrow!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
More Progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bill,
I'm with you, I bawled ;) I am so excited for you two. She is such a beautiful and special little girl. I cannot wait until she is home with your family.
Post a Comment