Just a quick update from us. We are working on everything that needs to be done before Aidai comes home. I've got plane tickets on hold which will extend our stay overseas by an extra day but they are the best flights for us thus far. Sooo, it looks like we will be coming home on October 24th. Not sure who is ging to be at Logan to great us but I hope Bill's parents, Josh, Mala, Hilary, Janet and Tom will all be able to make it!
And just because we like to do things all at once. We will be attending the wedding of Janet and Tom at 11am on the 25th which is being held at Pumpkinfest. I know I know, it is nuts, but ya'll don't know how awesome Janet and Tom are and they are flying here from England to get married so I wouldn't miss it for anything.
I realized last night when we were out to dinner with our friends Jim and Beth that I had neglected to post some important information. I am returning to Kyrgyzstan with my mom! We will save some money by Bill staying home because then we don't have to pay a dog sitter. It also just makes sense with work and everything.
We are working on some fundraising ideas. I am hoping to make some moola at a yard sale. Those of you in the area, feel free to donate things to us to sell! We are also thinking about a raffle, we have a pretty awesome prize but I am waiting to hear from the state on the legalities of a raffle. I also had an idea for a t-shirt so my mom is going to put it in ink and hopefully I can sell some of them on ebay. I'll post about that if it ends up working. I'm also trying to get back into the ebay swing of things, that is my job for today!
Lastly, I think I found another Russian tutor. I'm hoping she's as good as Sara. I want to get more comfortable with some of the most recent phrases I was learning and maybe pick up a few more.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Plugging away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Elizabeth, I am so happy to see you have your return dates! I hope the wait is vastly more bearable when you now have a beautiful light at the end of your tunnel!
...working on the travel details here too... :)
Oh I wish I could be there when you arrived home--it seems like God is laughing at any plans I make! But I will be there in spirit!
let me know about the raffle and t-shirt thing. I'd put in for it.
Hey--there's a great guy whose birthday is Oct. 23 (I married him)--it's a great time of year!
We'll be there!!!!!!!!!! C'mon Hilary, your room is ready!
We will be there!!! Can't wait to see you all at Logan ; plus if Josh and Bill need anything doing the week before we are happy to be given any tasks!
Thanks for being SO understanding about the wedding. You are the awesome people we are just awkward! You just do whatever feels comfortable once you are back home with Aidai.
Finally...what does the state say about raffles??!!!Shall we set up an off shore raffle in the UK; it might be simpler?!
Post a Comment