I realized that we never really posted pictures of our bassets on here! So I'm finally introducing Charlie, Maggie and Snickers. We got them all through New England Basset Hound Rescue. Charlie and Maggie are pure basset and Snickers is a mix between Golden Retriever and Basset.
This is Charlie, he will be 8 in November. He's laying on a painting drop cloth, he will lay one anything that is on the floor. He lays on the scratchy welcome mat, the butcher paper I used to take photos of things on (for ebay), any random flat item on the floor. He's a total Mama's boy, we can tell time by him (he gets antsy around food time, walk time, and out time). He's a really sweet boy!
Maggie can be a real witch. She likes to think she's in charge and the other 2 let her think that most of the time. Sometimes she goes too far and then she finds out that she's actually not at the top of the totem pole. She's around 4 years old and grew up with Snickers in Tennessee. She's the one who is always wiggling her way, somehow, right into your face. This is usually accomplished by vaulting over any other dog, person, or item that is in the way.
Snickers is our big old teddy bear. She's got the best of the two personalities. She's a lazy bum like a basset but doesn't have the stubbornness! She loves to be petted all the time and will just come sit by you until you pet her. She's been known to whine until she's petted. She also attempts to lick your face any chance she gets. She also loves to instigate play with the other two.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Our Dogs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh I love Bassetts!!! Ted had one when we met and he was so sweet! I used to wake up with him laying right against my back. We miss Benny. Now we sut have the hairy elkhounds--we traded drool for fur.
I think Dudley would fit in nicely. He's the same shape...yes, that's what I'll do! I'll bring him with me to NH and give him to Aidai as a welcome home gift!!!
Post a Comment