Tuesday, August 12, 2008

72 days and Aidai is HOME!!!!!

Hi Everyone it's Bill,
It's me again, I've been away from this for awhile, so I figured since I have this huge grin on my face, and have had for the last 36 hours, I would take a minute or two and throw in my two cents! First I'd like to say how humbling and heart warming it has been for me to find out that so many of you have been touching base with the blog, even since we've been home. It really means a lot, every post, or passing comment that let's me know that you're still following our story....and yes I mean You!! I am a very visual thinker, I like lists, mostly so I can see what's been crossed off, diagrams, photos, etc....it's where my mind works the best, so yesterday once we got our great news, I figured out how many days until Aidai would be home, 73.....I proceeded to create a count down page in a notebook, photo copy it so that it could be on the 'fridge, in my truck, in my work truck, in my office, and anywhere else I could see it often....I love crossing things off, and at midnight tonight, and the Olympics have brought us to midnight the last couple of evenings, 72 will be crossed off!! We heard today that the Kyrgy's had won a medal, I still need to google what they won in, they have, I think, 25 athletes competing. Everyday I still learn a little more about international adoption, mostly from Elizabeth, whom you all know is very astute and knows what's going on, my biggest problem in the understanding process is, I think, my Y chromosome, but I'm trying, I too have learned some Russian, it took two weeks for me to learn the alphabet, for those of you who don't know, it's different, more letters, some with-out sound, ask me about the me-akay-snack....and oh yeah...there's a backwards 3. Regardless, I can say "I love you".....Ya tibya lublu.....so I guess I'm set out of the blocks. For our readers/friends who have been through this, I believe you know where my heart is right now, joy, excitement, trepidation, and pain that she still has to be there another day, but still so happy to finally have the "light at the end of the tunnel" shinning at me, no longer do I need to wake up thinking, "Well, we're all at least a day closer" Now I can think we're 72 days away. Not a day has gone by that my eyes didn't leak for our daughter, my hope is she still dreams of us, still looks at the photo's we gave her, still knows that Mama and Papa are coming. It hurts every day that we can't convey that to her. I love her and miss her, and am so glad to know when she'll be home. She'll totally dig her room, her brother, everything. I really like how she felt in my arms, her laugh and little girl giggle, I miss that. I can't wait to stroke her hair, to give her comfort, and to see her fall asleep in front of me, I can't wait to sit down and eat a meal with her. I just had the opportunity to spend a great amount of time with my son, just he and I, and I am always so impressed by the person he is and who he's becoming, I look forward to that with Aidai, and also seeing Josh's input in that process. Big Dog, if you read this....I'm very proud of you, and can't wait to see you in Big Brother role!! You're already so good at it. We'll work on the matching shot-guns when she starts dating =) So for those of you still following, once again I say thanks, your thoughts, prayers, and interest means a lot!!!! I can't wait to see her again!!!
She is the cutest you've ever seen, am I right!!!!!

Be well, and keep reading!!
Much love

Bill

7 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Yay Daddy!!! I'm countin' down with you :)...and I'll do my best to be waiting at the airport when she lands.

Betsy said...

Congratulations again to the three of you, and Bill thanks for sharing your heart for your daughter. The stories you both told from Trip 1 always warmed my heart and brought me to tears. I can't wait for those 72 days to fly by so we can all hear the rest of the story :)

By the way, Kyrgyzstan won a bronze medal in the Greco Roman Wrestling 60kg. My Kyrgyz coworker said, "It's like normal wrestling, but different." So there you have it! Congrats to Kyrgyzstan!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!! Very heart-felt post. Beautiful.

Mala said...

We're counting down too!! We are allowed to play welcoming committee at Logan right?
Beck looks forward to the reunion/first play date with his 'old' friend.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for all of you! :) Congratulations on finding out there are only 72 days left and I hope that they pass so quickly that you don't even notice you had to wait this long! :)

hugs to all three of you!
Casey in Houston! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Billy.

It's great that she'll be home for your birthday.

Get settled in and this winter let's introduce her to ice fishing. I've got a great pond right by the house. besides I still have most of your tip ups!!!!

Troy

Anonymous said...

We are both so VERY pleased for you!!!!The 72 days will fly by now you have your tally!We think you are a perfect and very special family!xxx