Monday, June 2, 2008

Today with Aidai

Another great day with Aidai! Today we went back to the playground with a $3 "gardening kit" in tow. It had pretend items that Aidai just loved. She played for over an hour with the items and let us play with her too. She listened when we said not to dump the sand onto the paved walkway and stayed near us when we asked her to. The pictures don't capture the whole story though. On video we have her repeatedly eating (to our dismay) dirt while using found popsicle sticks as spoons, spitting water onto the ground, and drinking water, not swallowing, and spitting it back into the bottle. She's a funny one alright.

I included pictures of the playground so ya'll can see how great it is. I also uploaded a picture from the other day (the last one) that shows her "pick me up" face. That face gets her carried almost everytime =)

When we took her back to her "group" (dorm) for lunch she waved bye to us as usual only today she said "buh bye" in perfect English. She's heard it for a week from us and seems to be picking it up. She also seems to understand when we ask her if she wants more (like more swinging), she nods yes rapidly! We only had one meltdown and that's because it was time to go and she didn't want to leave the playground. I just picked her up and carried her out and once we got a little way down the path she was fine. Of course it helped that they brought cows to graze in the park today because they distracted her from the complete travesty of having to leave the swings.












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like another great day. That is a nice playground. It seems like home because it was built by an American Charity organization. I forget which one.

Enjoy your time with her. It will be hard to leave, but just imagine what it will be like to go back and bring her home forever.

Say hi to all our friends.

Tim Marquis

Anonymous said...

You two are going to make such absolutely wonderful parents to this beautiful little girl! :)

Casey in Mo. City

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all are having tons of fun out there. I was so sad this morning because I couldn't get your blog to come up and I hadn't checked it the day before... I love reading about your time with Aidai. You guys look so great with her!