Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bill's Attempt at this

Well everybody, I guess you've figured out by now that if it weren't for Elizabeth, most of you would know nothing at all about our journey towards Aidai.....some of our faithful readers may not, as of yet, believe that I even exist...well I do, and I also publicly thank my wife for her efforts to keep you all informed. In Elizabeth's last entry she mentions that her favorite photo is the first of today's I will agree, but will also add that the 4th of today's is also wonderful, both of those photos are a good representation of how my mind and my heart see our little girl.

I miss my family...Big Dog I can't wait to wrap my arms around you!! I miss my friends...Can't believe that the Bomosapiens are gathering as I type....I check my KSC account daily, and it's great to hear that things are going well there, a little curious why there was a steam shut down today, but I'll find all that out in due time....speaking of time, it seems like my favorite questions for Elizabeth lately is, what time is it, what day is it, what time is it back home, and what day is it back home.....I'll have all that figured out by Sunday evening!!

I haven't had a Tony's pizza since January because of blood pressure stuff, what ever, haven't missed them, as soon as humanly possible I will be inhaling an entire peperoni Tony's, just a little something to tide me over until I get to either McDonald's, Burger King, or Cheshire Village....if memory serves me right I always leave those places full and smiling!!!

A year ago, if someone had told me I could fall in love with a photo, I would have kindly nodded with a bit of natural doubt. For those of you who know me, you know that some time in March, that is exactly what happened. Now here I sit in such a far away land, many days into learning what a wonderful spirit and person, our little girl is, how naturally she fits into my life, my heart, how much I want all of my people to know her, my eyes tear up as I think about leaving.....my heart aches as much as it ever has, yet I need to just look ahead, as hard as it is, to when she comes home.....I'm her Papa (Yahoo!!!!!) Elizabeth is her Mama....and the best part is I believe that in her heart she really knows this!! For those of you who pray, do that for us and her starting when we leave her on Saturday afternoon, for those of you who do other stuff, please do that, we will all need as much positive juju as possible......

This blog stuff is a lot of work.....Again...good thing for Elizabeth.....And, from me, thank you, who ever you are and where ever you maybe, for caring enough for at least one, if not all of us, for taking the time to log on and read this. This is the most wild thing I've ever been part of, there really are no words for some of what's gone on, my goal has been to leave my daughter's country with a true feeling of it's worth and beauty, the same with it's people, and I'll be able to do that....I believe that I owe Aidai a smile and a positive heart as she asks me about where she came from....Mom..Ellen...thank you from the bottom of my heart for the poem you wrote, I can't wait for others to read it.....it is beautiful!!! Dad, I'll find you a hat...I love a challenge =)

Maybe I'll try this again sometime....don't hold your breath....but maybe....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dad ur not that bad at writing a blog =P

cant wait to see u guys back =)

love ya both =P

Anonymous said...

Hi you three, I'm feelin' pretty stupid right now, because I wasn't aware I could post a comment until mom pointed it out . . . anyway, Bill, you're right. Elizabeth, you've done a great job with the blog, and our granddaughter is beautiful! All the pictures are terrific!! Love you all, mom and dad

Maria said...

Bill - what a wonderful post. Elizabeth better watch out. I know Saturday will be hard on all of us. It's just another (small) wait until we can bring our girls home forever! What a day "Gotcha Day" will be.

Anonymous said...

Bill, I loved this post... you did wonderful! You made me cry as much as Elizabeth usually does!

You're a wonderful person and you have the same beautiful heart that your wife has...

Enjoy the rest of your time there...

You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.