Hi All
It's nice to have a following, knowing that I may not be the cutest of the group, I do understand the interest you all have =) I don't want to steal all of Elizabeth's thunder here, so I'll fill in most of the "Bill" side. My lovely wife is blissfully asleep, as I should be, but I needed to talk to my brother, fix the water heater, then find out who called Elizabeth on her cell at midnight and woke her up,,,try to fill you in on all of that. When we finally landed in Boston at 6:15 OUR TIME(!!!!) we did the math with our stewardess and realized that since we woke up in Kyrgyzstan (Yahoo for me I can finally spell it with out help!!!) at 3:30 their time, we had been traveling for the better part of 26 hours with still a 2 hour drive home, all this on a single Sunday you understand. Through our talks with Frank there( for those of you not in the know, Frank "handles" things for the US in Kyrgyzstan), We have only one more drive to Tokmok, which is the town where Aidai lives, and where we traveled to each of our days there. What we are being told is after we land in country late some Sunday night in the future, the following day we will once again brave the hour long travel, scoop up our daughter, and leave her pleasant little orphanage with her!! There will be more for our travel there and Elizabeth will explain it better than me, because I tend to make things up to fill in the blanks in my mind, but I do know that when we leave Tokmok for the last time, Aidia will be with us!!! Thank God!!!
Usually while I've been posting I've been wearing my traditional "Kyrgy" hat, but for now it's tucked away in my suitcase that I haven't the strength to lift, but at least it's not in Elizabeth's suitcase which apparently arrived at Logan Airport about 4 hours after we did......none the less, we know it will be delivered here some time between now and 6:00 am, which was the call Elizabeth got on her cell phone a little before midnight as I was talking to Mike. Having not shaved for what appeared to be an ungodly amount of time, because apparently my facial hair knows less about time zones than I do, I knew I would hate myself in the morning if I didn't make the attempt tonight, so lo and behold I find out at about 9:30 our time, we once again have no hot water.....thank God I'm a skilled electrician and could figure out the simple problem, unfortunately tonight I am a very tired skilled electrician, and it only took me 3 tries over 2 hours to hone in on the problem....oh well...we'll have hot showers tomorrow morning none the less. Which means we can smell pretty as we pick up our three dogs tomorrow morning, who should also be smelling pretty because they were all to have bath's today!! It'll be good to have them home, we miss them, and I'm very psyched because at about 3:00 tomorrow I'll pick up Josh so he and I can walk them=)
Hillary(sp? sorry)...Thanks for your post about her grin, I can't wait either.....it's priceless!! And so pure!
Elizabeth posted about Saturday in a previous post but I'll just say that the photo album part was THE BEST!!!!! For our readers who have never been to an orphanage, realize that because there is so little, none of the children has anything that is only there's. The album we filled for Aidai had a place in the front and the back for photos, I was on one side and Elizabeth was on the back. Before Aidai realized it could open to reveal more photos, she saw us....Mama and Papa....she looked at our interpreter Alliah, and ask..."mine?", wondering if this could be just hers, and she was insured that it was hers!! in side the album were a couple of photos of Josh...in russian her "brat" and she would just say "osh" and smile...she also smiled at the photos of my mom and dad and Elizabeth's mom and the words were translated to her, as well as a photo of my brother and his wife and her mom, and our house, and you could see in her eyes, well, I really mean her heart, that she knew she had a family.....I knew right off that I was a spoiled old Americian with little patience but she on the other hand was a blessed little Kyrgy whom had finally mustered up some patience.....I hope that as I grow to be an adult, I am able to learn a little from this little girl.....I left broken and sad, she stayed with hopes and dreams to be fulfilled, and she's right, God bless her I hope that time ticks faster for her than it will for me, we left her finally with a dress which was beautiful, but a little too small(NOBODY buy 3t), a very fancy pair of black sandals for her wonderful but "needing" feet, a pooh doll mainly because I for some reason I totally dig winnie the pooh and company( which for some reason beyond my control is "Vinnie bear" there) and a photo album of just a few of those who really love her...that was, maybe more than enough for her right now, not for us, but for her, that it was all hers meant everything. We're home and she's not, as far as we're concerned, and I personally think that sucks....but right now she is in the only home she's ever known, and she knows that theres another home waiting, good for her.....now I need her strength!!!
Thanks again for indulging in my writings!!!!! I love you for loving her!!!!!
Bill
Monday, June 9, 2008
Elizabeth's asleep, so I'll let you know...we're home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Glad to heare you made it home. United was, ummm, less than cordial and so we did have to layover in Washington. That was ok because after 30 hours of travel, we needed some sleep in a BAD way. We arrive in Nashville this a.m. at 9:00. Tell E. I'll call her soon! Hugs! You guys were GREAT travel mates!
Ahhh yes, I well remember Alihan's reaction when we gave him his photo album (whihc he slept with the the first week or so that he was home), a little stuffed bear and a fleece blanket my mom made him--which he still sleeps with. He was overjoyed. I think the children start to associate the photo album with knowing that their parents will be coming back.
I am so glad to hear everything is good--minus the luggage.
Welcome home!!! Hope you catch up on your rest.
Hey Hilary, are you flying up here when Aidai comes home?!
Bill and Elizabeth, if you need anything, please let me know!!!!
Welcome home and thank you for the wonderful posts... It was great following along with your journey. I already love your daughter and Bill, I feel like I know you a little better too.
Glad you're home safe...
Love,
Denise
Bill, I am so glad you are blogging along with Elizabeth. It will be a great gift to Aidai. Isn't amazing what we can learn from a child!
I am glad your bodies made it home healthy, I understand your hearts are still in Tokmok.
God bless and we will pray the time goes by quickly to be reunited with you sweet girl!
So very proud of both of you for making the journey back! AND YAY that the only thing that went wrong was the luggage!!! :)
The time will pass quickly, I just know it! :)
Hugs,
Casey In Mo. City
Post a Comment