Thursday, June 5, 2008

Daily Update

Hi All,


Another good day with Aidai. We went to the park again and had an ice cream treat. Today she had on a pretty pink dress we got her, size 3T, and attempted to climb the structure for the first time. Only two more days to build her confidence up to going down the slide! She had fun on the swing and with an ice cream treat. It has been about 95 degrees here, ugh. After our time with her she had her eyes dilated and had a routine eye exam. Her eyes look fine, other than the one being crossed having partial vision only. We will know more when we get her home. She may never have the best vision but she'll be able to get by just fine it seems. We got pictures developed today, we needed 5 of them for court and the rest we got to leave in an album we are going to leave with her. I need to put Russian titles on all the pictures but just haven't done it yet, makes it to real that we are leaving.


This afternoon we went on a long walk just to get out of the hotel and away from all the feelings and thoughts about everything we have bene through. Granted, we talked alot on the walk, but somehow walking just seems to help. It has been an emotional day, for many reasons, but we are finding strength in each other and from all of you.





9 comments:

Betsy said...

Bill & Elizabeth, I have loved reading about your experience in Kyrgyzstan with your new daughter. We will be thinking about you as you make the difficult trek home without her. I am sure it will be heartbreaking but your many wonderful years with her as your daughter will make it all worth it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill & Elizabeth, Your daily postings and pictures of Aidai have been like a good book. You just can't wait for the next chapter. I literally look forward to the next day's updates. She is adorable. I can't imagine your leaving at this point.Keep your chins up! Hopefully time will fly until you can bring her home to meet all your wonderful friends and family. We'll be thinking abouthn you all. Love Lolly

janiece said...

Ahh, just think of the selection of eyeglasses Aidai will have. There are some awesome ones out there. Some pretty neat colors too!
I know how difficult it is going to be. We're all here for you and I hope you can feel our support over all these miles.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of her "sharing" the ice cream with Bill (the photo taker). That's awesome. Just think how much you guys have taught her in such a short amount of days and when she gets to come home with ya'll she will learn so much more! :)

hugs from Mo City,
Casey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She is just beautiful! I am so excited for all of you. The wonderful life that you are going to provide for her! Can't wait to meet her.

Chris (Kai and Gally's mom)

Lisa Brotherton said...

Hang in there Elizabeth. You are stronger than you can imagine, especially with your new Mommy powers kicking in. I wish none of us would have to go through this 2 visit process, it can be so painful to do. But one day it will be just a memory, one that will forever etch into your soul the amazing depth to which you fell completely in love with your daughter.

Mala said...

Have I mentioned how absolutely excited we are about Aidai coming home!! It will be wonderful that our 2 kiddos will be able to(continue)to grow up together. That's so wonderfully special.
Enjoy your remaining days in KG. Give A lots and lots of kisses. You'll be back before you know it.

Maria said...

She is beautiful. I know you all know that. You have been so blessed to find each other and form this wonderful family. I know it's going to be so hard to leave her here. We will be in prayer for you. You have been such a God-send to us these past weeks and we could think of no better travel-mates to have.

Hilary Marquis said...

Sharing icecream?! Now that is making some serious progress! I don't even share icecream... ;)

Leaving is going to be the hardest thing you'll ever have to go through, your labor pains. But, there will be the "reward" at the end. Aidai will be fine, she is at home with her "family". She's seen enough families come, leave, and return. She knows you love her and that you're coming back. Hang in there. Call me anytime.