Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Another Update

Hi All,

I've been so slacking in the blog department but I just don't have much to report. We've been very very busy getting everything together for Aidai and both of us are busy at work. I worked 18 hours on Friday, 19 hours Saturday, and 18 hours Sunday. I took 7 teens up to Maine for a leadership weekend. It was awesome, they learned alot and they are great kids. I hope they continue being involved with my program. To top it off, we went white water rafting including a class 5 rapid which was sick! I had a blast but some people hated it!

I'm home this week then working a camp next week. Then I'm gone from the 17th-24th at a conference. Bill leaves the 22nd (?) for a trip outwest with Josh that has been in the making about 10 years. He'll return on the 29th. Then 3 more weeks of working camp for me and hopefully a trip to Kyrg right after that!

We have alot of clothes for Aidai and are working on toys, especially learning ones. Janet, 3T/4T American fit her. She is about 3 feet tall and 35 lbs a good size kid!
We have a play kitchen for her that makes sounds, so cute. I'll have to post pictures. I think we've decided on paint colors as well. No beds yet, but we do have mattresses/boxsprings. The child already has 19 pairs of shoes. Luckily they range from size 8.5 to 10.5.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

A whole pack of teenagers?! Good Grief woman you're amazing! So what colors are we thinkin' about for Miss Aidai's room?

Maria said...

Class 5 rafting - DANG!!!