Just wanted to describe the bed a bit better. The lower mattress pulls out, it is on wheels. So we can basically put it anywhere. Behind the drawers that you can see are shelves that she can use to put things on. They go all the way through so she can get to them from under the top bunk as well as from the end of the unit.
As for bunk bed safety. The mattress sits really low in that top part. The sides act as a railing. We are thinking about not putting a mattress up there so that she doesn't realize that is a place to sleep. We want to make sure she can safely get up and down the ladder first and I don't think she can.
They wanted $400 for it but we offered $250 and they said yes. I think it was a good deal even though it is composite material. It is really strong and everything we were seeing was closer to $800. This bed is totally new condition. I can't believe their daughter used it for years!
Elizabeth
Sunday, July 27, 2008
A note about the bed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Elizabeth, the bed is awesome. We put Rauan on the top because he is literally a log at night. The other kids not so much. Those sides look really nice and high. Our bottom one has wheels too--and it makes it alot easier to clean under. I would highly recommend putting straps on any dresser though. Chewie climbs and the straps on Rauan's dresser literally saved him once (or maybe more!). That I've seen alot at work.
I think it's a super cool bed! I wasn't saying anything about the safety of it, just that Beck has made me see the world in a whole different way! I swear I would be an excellant candidate for a risk management position for an insurance company!!! LOL! I see everything in terms of 'how could Beck end up in the ER'. Sheesh! LOL!
So, any news on court dates???????
You guys are awesome at finding the deals and making the deals...and on such a great bed too!!!
CONGRATS! :)
And I think that Janiece makes a great point about the straps.
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Post a Comment