So I was going to do a year in review post but I figure that folks can just go through the archives if they really want the details about the adoption process. I don't remember what the heck happened when. All I know is we started with Liberia, saw Aidai's picture, changed to Kyrgyzstan, got on a plane, had alot of drama, waited 4 months complete with much drama, passed court and the waiting period, got back on the plane and picked her up, faced more drama and Almaty (quite similar to Hell), and then finally came home to happy family and friends, got glasses, eye patch, brace, special shoes and celebrated Thanksgiving and Xmas. I think that sums up the highs and lows pretty well.
We have more appointments this week. Wednesday we meet with the child care provider that I have been corresponding with since last March and hopefully will start the transition to her care soon. On Friday we meet with the school, the eye doctor and the orthotic people separately but back to back starting at 7:45am.
We had our first post placement visit even though we have only been home a few months. All the other people with the same middle man seem to start 6 months after they get home but we were told to start 6 months after court so we are starting early. I just hope Kyrgyzstan approves it even though it might be early, it could be the correct schedule, who knows. That went relatively smoothly. She was impressed with Aidai's language skills and attachment.
We have Aidai's social security number so we can file taxes which is good. We've had that for awhile now. We still don't have the registration done. We did it once, within the 30-day window, but our agency had given us the wrong paperwork so it got rejected so we had to redo it. We got it back around Thanksgiving so I hung onto it for a bit so I could go to the SS office and get her number since that is the most important thing to me and we had already missed the registration deadline. We haven't gotten it back but hopefully it will come soon so I can take her passport to the court and file for her re-adoption. It is really easy here, just a form, don't even have to see a judge in person.
Elizabeth
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL...you are too funny with your "year in review" but yes, that does pretty much sum up the highs and lows!
Good luck with the daycare person, with getting the right paperwork and getting it all done, along with all of the fun appointments. I hope it all goes well! :)
And YAY for the post placement visit. Glad it went well! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Post a Comment