Hi All,
Just wanted to give a run down on the appointments we've had recently.
On Wednesday we met the child care person and we are going to transition Aidai into her care this week. She watches a few kids in her home and has 2 school age boys of her own. Aidai seemed to really like her and wants to go back and play in the playroom and see the little sabaka (Lilly the dog) and the cats.
We are going to try to find Aidai some decent snow boots that she can wear with her brace. We need to find ones that open really far down so that we can get her brace into them. She does really well with her brace so we want her to wear it with all her shoes.
On Friday we met with the school and they have agreed to accept Aidai. I don't know exactly what services she will get but it looks like OT and Speech and she will be there 2 days a week. Most likely Wednesdays and Fridays. On the 20th we have yet another meeting where we will get the IEP and finalize everything.
We went to the eye doctor after the school and they said her eye seems to be improving. It is still crossing but not as significantly as it was before so it seems like the patch is working.
After the eye doctor we went to the orthopist and he checked her brace and said everything was looking good with it. Bill and I still aren't sure what to do about her leg. We have the appt. with the neurologist on the 26th in Manchester (Denise, if you are available that day, maybe we can come see you!). I think we might see if the primary care will refer us to a PT for a consultation. I am not convinced that she doesn't need PT. In fact, the orthopaedic said she needed it but not medically, just educationally, so he won't order it. I don't think the school will give it to her without someone saying she needs it. I want the opinion of a PT person. We are also thinking about going to Boston for another Orthopaedic doctor since neither one of us like the one that we saw previously.
It is hard to tell how well Aidai is progressing but people who don't see her every day seem to think that she is making amazing progress. The eye doctors see her every month and they see a big difference. The school hadn't seen her in a month and they said she was totally different. My coworkers also think she makes improvement when they see her every couple of weeks.
I'm really excited to see how she blossoms with the daycare and preschool. We think she is really ready to be around other kids and learn. We just have to get past the whole "Mama and Papa will be back later" issue...
Elizabeth
Monday, January 12, 2009
Update on latest appointments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ah yes, the IEP, I can relate :) I'm glad she's doing so well with her brace and the new daycare. I'll bet she kinda misses being around other kids after having so many "brothers and sisters" for her first 4 yrs. New playmates will be exciting,especially when she doesn't have to share her Mama and Papa!
Hi!
I don't blog myself but as a Kyrg PAP I have been following your blog for a while now. I also have a 3 1/2 year old from Kazakhstan, who came home at 1 year old.
My own experience -- and with a younger child than you have -- is that the "mom will come back" thing takes a while. And goes through stages. So don't be let down when it doesn't happen quickly. Nowadays he hugs me when I drop him some place and says "I know you will come back", so it will come.
Sounds like you guys are doing a TON!!! :) And it looks like Aidai is making so much progress!!! :) That's awesome! :)
Hugs from Houston,
Casey
Hi!
I have left a message before, but my heart has been with your journey. I adopted from Kaz in 2006 and I just want you to know that "Mommy will come back thing" ... it takes a while. Don't judge yourself harshly if you have to work on it for several months.
Kathy W
Post a Comment