Well we scheduled our interviews and home visit today. Mary, our social worker, will be meeting us 3 times. All of the meetings are between now and Feb. 6th which is really quick! We also started the adoption education classes online. They are very informative and the online format is great.
Elizabeth speaking here: I'm pretty nervous about the whole home visit thing. They ask all sorts of questions. As most of you know, I haven't exactly followed the traditional path but I am hoping they see that as a bonus because our daughter isn't going to be following the traditional path either. We have to clean like crazy. Not that she's going to care, but I do! We are also totally going to bribe the dogs with bones to keep them occupied while she's here. It would be really nice if the feet of snow covering the lawn thawed and we were able to put them on their runs outside but I doubt that is going to happen.
In telling people about the adoption we have found 3 different families that are interested in adopting, who knew that many people considered it? I think there are just soooo many misconceptions about the children and the costs. I hope some more public education happens so other people will find out that they too can adopt.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Homestudy Visits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment