Wahoooo we got our first home visit over with. Of course we cleaned the house like crazy, it needed it. Our social worker is VERY nice and thank god, she likes dogs. She was originally going to just interview Bill but then decided to go ahead and do the long interview with both of us. This really threw Bill off because he thought it was just going to be him and he was getting really distracted by the dogs. Luckily she said the dogs were fine and he and I were relaxed which made the dogs relax into the couch lumps that they normally are. She asked us a bunch of questions about us, our home, our families, our experience with kids, our motivations, our hobbies etc etc. Next week she meets with me and then on 2/6 she will meet with Bill and Josh. Today we also accomplished getting photos of ourselves, medical insurance confirmation and the Troy police department was nice enough to write a letter confirming that we have never been arrested. And because the house is soooooo clean I took photos of it and I am going to have those printed tomorrow so we can turn them in as well.
Thanks to everyone who has supported Bill and I over the past few days in which we both freaked out about this visit!
Elizabeth
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
First Home Visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment