Elizabeth just filed me in that we're about a year out from boarding a plane to meet our daughter. Right now, I can't put into words what that year has done to me, but, I'll admit, I'm glad it's behind me, but would go through it again in a heartbeat for my daughter. It's a little silly, but I'll admit that one of my proudest moments was when my son Josh changed his facebook profile photo to one of he and his sister moments after he received it!!! I love being "Dad" and "Papa"......if that's the whole reason I'm here, I'm totally down with that.....I've got two kids who love me, and tell me that, and two kids that love each other....very cool!! I'm seeing Josh grow into being his own person, but I still feel a big part of that, still seeing him move on is a little hard...Aidai, I think will be a huge connector for us as time goes, it's so fun that she loves him so much and he feels the same, I can't put myself in Josh's shoes, but I have to say he's just been awesome.....I'm Aidai's papa....I'm greatful for that......I fell in love with a photo some 14 months ago, and I wasn't wrong...she's everything I though and more. Everyday brings more...more laughs, more tears, more joy, more incentive to do our best, and we are, she makes it pretty easy most of the time.....I have to finally admit that I am wrapped around her little finger, and that great!! See us on the mower, picture us in the garden, imagine us with guitars and drums with Josh, imagine Elizabeth as "Mama" and doing it all with a flair.....biology be damned.....our daughter has made it home, at any given moment I may laugh or cry, all for the same reason...God bless us and her and Kevin, Maria, Josh and Elly, and all that came before and come after......I wake up still to thoughts of the orphanage and hope for all the children around the world...if you can, or if you think you might want to, please do.....trust me, it's worth it....you'll never think twice once it's done!! Aidai is all excited for marshmallows on the fire pit with Josh this weekend, she has no idea what a marshmallow is, but she trusts that it'll be awesome....glad I'll be part of that!! Once again thanks for your interest in our live, loves, etc!!
Bill
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Roughly a year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment