Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Friend's Party

On Saturday Aidai went to the 4th birthday party for her friend from school, Jackie. Jackie and Aidai are best buds at school. Jackie was soooo sweet at her party. She helped Aidai down the stairs by holding her hand. One time Aidai fell backward off the swing and Jackie grabbed the swing so that it wouldn't swing back and hit Aidai in the head. She is just the sweetest girl so we were thrilled to be invited to celebrate with her. Aidai did well at the party. She got bored watching presents being opened but didn't freak about them not being for her. She loved the candy coming out of the pinata. She was so cute, she got a Kit-Kat and ran over to show me while the rest of the kids were grabbing handfuls of candy. I told Aidai to go get more candy and she was given a bag. When she was done she came over and showed me her bag and then held out her hand which contained 3 starbursts and said "Mama, I got these for you". Isn't that so sweet of her! Jackie and Aidai are definitely a good match. I am just bummed that Jackie is younger and so they won't be in the same class next year. I hope Aidai finds another sweet friend.






1 comment:

Lori said...

So glad she's found a sweet little friend...I have to say that I am always impressed with kids' resiliency and compassion when it comes to kids who may be a little different than they are. You always, unfortunately, have your bullies, but more and more, I find that my students pride themselves on being embracing and enveloping their classmates in whom they see differences...I'm sure part of that is that I INSIST that we are all family and we take care of each other, but truly, there are children with the sweetest hearts out there...and they tend to find those children who could use a sweetheart of a friend!

I love Bill's posts...the excitement he has about being Dad and Papa are just wonderful!