Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quick update

Hi All,

I am hoping to have some photos up after the weekend. We are heading to Saratoga Springs, NY tomorrow to introduce my Great Aunt, who is in her 90's, Aidai. We are hoping to be able to hit some yard sales while we are over there but aren't sure where the best neighborhoods are. We are armed with maps, GPS, and Craiglist ads. Aidai loves yardsaling so it should be fun.

Aidai has her cast on her leg but you wouldn't know it because she is running around like normal! It is hard to find pants that fit over the dumb thing. She isn't going to like the saw that they will use to cut it off. I think I will need to talk it up as a big exciting noisy magic machine....not going to mention that it cuts and gets warm...

We went to kindergarten tonight, this was just adults. The kids didn't get to come but they will go to one in August. The teachers all seemed really nice. She is going to love school.

More soon...atleast that is the plan!

7 comments:

Becky said...

My oldest had a cast on his leg when he was almost 2, and when it was cut off we told him it was a vacuum that was taking the cast off. He was totally fine with that. He wasn't bothered by it at all thinking it was a vacuum hose. :)

Anonymous said...

Saratoga Springs! That brings back memories. That was where we were living when our oldest son Alex was born 21 years ago. I bet it has changed alot. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Hilary Marquis said...

Um, cast? WHAT'D I MISS?

Elizabeth and Bill said...

Marnie - such a small world! My aunt and uncle have lived here for about 30 years I think, about 2 blocks from the track (mush to their dismay in August). My grandmother lived here for years, my mom lived here taking care of my grandmother for a few years and my Great Aunt is still here. What on earth brought you all here?

Hilary - read back to the Children's Hospital Boston post and you'll see all the details. They put a cast on to stretch her muscles.

Elizabeth and Bill said...

Oh and Becky - GREAT idea about the vacuum, we are going to use your idea with Aidai!

Mala said...

Have fun!!!!!
Did she atleast get a pretty cast?

Elizabeth and Bill said...

Yep, it is bright pink, no shocker there!