Saturday, April 12, 2008

medical forms

So we switched countries which means, all new paperwork. I took our medical forms to our doctors' offices today. I got to Bill's doc's office, in the same hospital as mine, and they made me fill out a whole "walk in patient form" and the woman was just not nice. So I fill out the dumb form and only then will she look at the forms. I just wanted her to take them to the doctor. So she's looking at them and the instructions and reads the part about everything needing to be signed in blue ink and she cops this attitude "well we don't even have blue ink around here, that's the first problem" so I told her I would buy some blue pens and bring them to the office if that is what is necessary to get the form signed and bring my kid home. Luckily, someone else is the one that actually took the form and has to deal with getting the doctor to fill it out. My doc's office was luckily much much nicer.

I am hoping to get all the forms done next week. Our homestudy is complete, our placement agency is just looking it over. Once it is approved I have to get an official copy from the homestudy agency and send it off to immigration so we can get permission to adopt a child and bring them into the US. Then we just wait for that approval and wait for our homestudy agency to finish some more paperwork. At that point, we pay alot of money and all the paperwork goes to Kyrgyzstan and then we travel after that. I think that is how it goes anyway...

No comments: