Thursday, December 4, 2008

Diagnosis Anyone?

She had smaller versions of these when we picked her up but they cleared up pretty quick. I think the scabies meds would have killed anything on any of us. This one showed up last week and it already burst and is scabbed over and healing on its own. The dermatologist thinks it is either a blistering eczema or less likely, a type of impetigo. Just wondering if anyone else has had these things on their kids.



5 comments:

Maria said...

I don't know, but it looks painful!! Did they culture it?

Hilary Marquis said...

Poor little sweetie! Anara's blisters were much smaller than that and completely clear, no yellowish color. I'm sorry she's having to deal with this (and you too!) I've got to get some sleep...post placement vist tomorrow and I can't seem to shut my brain off!

Anonymous said...

I am no doc, but it looks like impetigo to me...Mackenzie had it once. The doc swabbed it after one burst to run laps and see if it was strep or staph bacteria...antibiotics for the specific type cleared it for us. Careful- it spreads easy. Feel better!

Jeanne said...

Don't know, but the best thing would be to get an active lesion cultured for a certain diagnosis.

Anonymous said...

Since I don't have kiddos, I don't have a clue, but I just wanted to say that I hope that it all clears up soon. That doesn't look like much fun for Little Miss Aidai.

hugs from Houston,
Casey